Wednesday, October 27, 2010

Pics Finally!

Hello family and friends!  I have not been updating my blog frequently, but I finally had the time to upload the some pics.  Here are some from the past week:


Walk from San Gabriel (1300 M) to Tarbaca (1550 M)

Sea of Green

Coffee Plant.  Harvest season is right now.

San Gabriel

Wanderer above the sea of fog

My spanish class.  From left to Right: Andrew, Marie, Emilia (teacher) and Megan

Salud!  Drinking Costa Rica's finest brew, Imperial!
This weekend, I will be traveling to Upala, Alajeula to visit a Peace Corps volunteer currently serving.  It is about a 4 hour bus ride from San Jose (depending on the roads).  Upala is about 20 KM from the Nicaraguan border.  I will be basically shadowing the volunteer (Eric) for the four days I am there.  I had the chance to talk to Eric on the phone and he seemed really excited that I was visiting.  He has some activities planned for the weekend, and on monday, I will be sitting-in on the english classes that he teaches.  In addition, I will have the opportunity to interview a few micro-entrepreneurs from the city.  I am looking forward to the experience and to also see a new part of Costa Rica.  I will take lots of pictures so everyone will be able to see!!  I miss you all and hope all is well!

Pura Vida

Elliot

No comments:

Post a Comment